John D Rockefeller Sr has been said to be the greatest businessman of all time, he was a man of faith. At one time in his life, he was adjudged to have the largest net worth in world history. John is recorded to have attended Sunday services and prayer meetings every Friday all his adult life. He lived a balanced life, spending a tremendous amount of time with his family (http://www.giantsforgod.com)
In “5 Christian billionaires you should know” by the Christian Today blog, ‘Being a billionaire is an impressive achievement. But what’s more impressive is being both a billionaire and a Christian at the same time’.
The blog gives examples of billionaires like;
- Stefan Persson- founder of H&M clothing line. Stefan was said to be the wealthiest Swede in the world.
- Mary Kay Ash is the founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics and a very successful American female entrepreneur. Her company’s motto is “God first, family second, career third.” Mary Kay applied biblical principles to the workplace, even including Scripture verses in her company’s monthly magazine.
- David Green is the owner and founder of Hobby Lobby, an arts and crafts chain with about 520 superstores in US. Green and his family own 100% of the company and is said to be the largest evangelical benefactor in the world. He also sponsors the YouVersion Bible app, which is free to download.
- Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, says that “…it makes sense to believe in God.”
- Jin Sook, co-founder of Forever21 was raised in a born-again Christian family. She said when she first got to the US, she went up to a mountain to pray and there she got the revelation to open a retail fashion shop.
In reality, mega wealth does not mean a divorce from the faith or vice versa. You can be a market leader and a billionaire riding on Ann Kay’s motto. You can do greater than John D Rockefeller as a modern-day market player.
Together with your Maker, who’s the source of all things, you are better off and best leveraged for an outstanding performance. So, your faith is never a barrier but a pedestal to your greatness.