Hello World, today’s #TieTuesday is quite insightful, so please share with others.
The workplace is not just a place we get paid at the end of the month but a place to invest one’s time, energy & skills. It is that space where you have your best chance to influence people.
Truth is, we work with all kinds of people, the good, the bad & the ugly, so you’re either influencing or being influenced. Ian Berry said “Influence & persuasion are two of the most powerful traits that can help us achieve success”. Christ also said his followers (i.e. believers/Christians) are supposed to be the salt & light of the earth; salt & light are super influential.
Salt sweetens & adds flavour and at the same time stops decay in its environment. Light gives illumination and insight within its space. Because you work in that organization & in that particular space, they should feel your positive impact.
Here are a few tips to help us become influential in the workplace without being the boss.
- Open up, be friendly and genuinely love people.
- Work hard & smarter; Real promotion comes from above, not by competing with others.
- Learn humility. Even God resists the proud because they tend to play God.
- Help people succeed in their daily tasks; that way, they’ll always feel indebted to you.
- Be generous with your life, time and resources, people are worth investing in.
- Be available and engaging with others. Stop frowning; smile often and be courteous.
- Build your integrity & honesty. Let your yes be yes and no, no.
- Don’t be a stumbling block in someone else’s progress or promotion.
- Be consistent.
- Connect with people.
- Invest in yourself, educate yourself and not just obtaining certifications alone but with leadership & people skills
The place of authority begins with influence and influence is the ability to persuade others towards achieving specific goals.
Do have a great day.