In a recession, organizations find it hard to meet their financial obligations. Many tend to go for cost saving mechanisms such as downsizing, or ‘rightsizing’, that results in people losing their jobs; people are considered irrelevant and not crucial to the company’s survival.
Here are a few helpful tips to keep us relevant in the workplace in 2018.
- In this age of fast growing technology, you have to keep updating your skills and knowledge of the job and industry. Train and invest in yourself in this new year.
- Improve your people skills. Maintain great relationships with your colleagues and superiors.
- Find opportunities to manage company resources and achieve more with less.
- Looks speak volumes. Stay in shape, dress smart and classic. Make adequate plans and budget for this for 2018.
- Embrace and use technology to your advantage but never let it be a distraction.
- Strive to function excellently in the role of your direct line manager. Miracles happen everyday, so be prepared!
- Remember that as a workplace professional, you must prioritize, plan carefully and execute EXCELLENTLY.
Be an influencer in your workplace, an authority in your field and you will remain relevant in 2018.