TEXT: Matthew 5:13-16, John 10:10
Lets recap what we’ve discussed so far on the theme of “Influence” on #XLiving.
On understanding influence: Influence is the capacity to have an effect on the character, development and behaviour of someone or something. Because you are a child of God, you have influence. Influence can either be positive or negative.
On becoming an influencer: the key to influence is service. Build and value relationships, because proximity is key to impact. Influencers fuel people’s potentials and passion. Good influence empowers others. Be the best that you can in whatever you do.
As the salt of the earth, the light of the world, a city set on the hill which cannot be hid – we are created to have life and live it in abundance. The only way we can come to the full realisation of God’s plan for our life, is by maximizing our influence. Abundance is not just in the possession of wealth and material things, but in how much positive impact we have on our environment and world at large. Jesus came so that we can have life and have it more abundantly.
Tools to maximize your influence
- FAITH: (Matt 17: 14- 20, Matt 9:29, Habakuk 2:1-4, Josh 1: 6-7) Life is a journey of faith, you cannot have abundant life without faith. Your influence will be very limited without faith. Any assignment you have that is void of faith, is heading for a crash. To maximize your influence and avoid struggle; you need faith at work in you. You must move from the realm of BELIEF to FAITH. Take that bold step and see God show up for you! We need to be bold, courageous, dare, move, and act. The only thing standing between our desires and results is disciplined action.
- OBEDIENCE: (Isaiah 1:19) Lasting results can only be achieved in the place of obedience. As an influencer, God will give you some instructions that might be tough to obey, many of those instructions may not make sense, yet total obedience – not partial – is required. Put God first, even before your own self, then you will be blessed spiritually, physically, and in every way; then your influence can be maximized.
- WORSHIP: Create a constant time of fellowship with your maker, where you are not in a hurry. This is your sure source of help. When you connect with God, you download direction, wisdom, insight, revelation.
Some things to watch out for in maximizing your influence
- YOUR WEAKNESS: Submit your weakness to God, His strength is made perfect in our weakness. When you handover your weakness to the Holy Spirit, it becomes your major strength.
- YOUR ASSOCIATION: (Proverbs 7:6-24, Psalm 1: 1-3) Everyone can be influenced, watch your association, where do you go to and who do you go with. The objective of the devil is to steal your salvation, kill your faith, and destroy destiny.
May you not be destroyed in Jesus Name. He will come in a subtle way and try to gain access gradually. May God keep and uphold us all.