TEXT: 1 Timothy 6:12, Deuteronomy 2:24-25, 1 John 5:4
What do you say faith is?
It surely means different things to different people. In this case we see faith as believing what God’s word says concerning anything and acting in line with the word. Faith is the response of the human spirit to the word of God. Faith is acting like something is so even when it is not so in order that it might be so simply because God said so.
Is there a good fight? Is there a good problem? Absolutely yes! (2 Corinthians 10:4, Ephesians 6:16).
Let’s consider the importance of faith in the light of:
- Ephesians 2:8
- Habakkuk 2:4
- Hebrews 11:2
- Hebrews 11:6
- 1 John 5:4
- Ephesians 6:16-18
- Luke 22:31-32
But how do we fight the good fight of faith?
As believers we have glorious destinies but the devil will fight the fulfillment of these (1 Corinthians 16:9). The devil will fight, contest and attack all of God’s blessings and promises in our lives, so we must be ready to fight with our faith. Jesus fought the devil in Matthew Chapter 4… the statement, ‘away with you’, indicated a conflict. David, likewise, fought a battle, Noah was in a battle, Hannah fought her own battle, Elijah did also. We also fight our own battles, the assurance is, with faith, victory is guaranteed.
So, to fight the good fight of faith, you need to:
- Have knowledge – of the Word (1 Corinthians 10:3-4, 2 Corinthians 2:11, John 8:32, Matthew 4:4). Knowledge of the word is a vital tool in the hands of a believer for victory all the time. Your faith is knowledge determined.
- Understand who you are – your identity (1 Samuel 17:26, Matthew 17:25-26, Acts 16:37). Understanding your identity in Christ will change your approach to battle and cause you to triumph.
- Take actions (John 2:5, 1 Samuel 17:48). Taking action is one of the most vital steps in fighting the good fight of faith. Don’t run away from battle.
- Praise (2 Chronicles 20:21, Romans 4:20-21, Psalm 67:5). Someone said, of all the weapons in our arsenal, perhaps praise is the strongest. When praise is offered, God shows up on the scene.
- Speak the Word always. (Joshua 1:8, 1 Samuel 17:41-45) A closed mouth is a closed destiny and with your mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- Move out of your comfort zone. (Genesis 15:5) When we move out of our place of comfort we see new things and that helps in our fight of faith.
Until faith fails, nothing fails. Only unbelief can deter the power of God in your life. Only the woman with the issue of blood got virtue out of Jesus because of her faith. The just cannot live outside of faith. You will succeed in Jesus name.