Text: Habakkuk 2:2, Hebrews 6:12
An Idea is defined as a thought or suggestion as to possible cause of action. Anyone and everyone can have ideas. Anyone who has a mind or anyone who can think can generate an idea. Nothing is mystical about it. Not all ideas have stood the test of time. Ideas also may come or are relevant in seasons.
Today, we want to consider the triumph of a few ideas that have shaped our culture, the way we think, relate and ultimately live our lives. Ideas that have become billion-Dollar companies.
According to our findings, here are some ideas that are changing our world and the names behind them.
On the national scene we have:
- Paga- Tayo Oviosu
- e-Transact- Valentine Obi
- Konga- Sim Shagaya
- iRokotv Partners- Jason Njoku
- Interswitch- Mitchel Elegbe
- Lindaikejiblogspot.com- Linda Ikeji
- Gamsole- Abiola Olaniran
- Jobberman- Ayodeji Adewunmi
- Wakanow- Obinna Ekezie
- Slot System- Nnamdi Ezeigbo
On the International Scene:
- Whatsapp- Jan Koum
- Amazon- Jeff Bezos
- Alibaba- Jack Ma
- Instagram- Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger
- Facebook- Mark Zuckerberg
Research shows that iRoko Partners started in December 2010 when Jason, a chemistry graduate from the University of Manchester, couldn’t find any Nollywood movies for his mother online. He identified a huge gap in the delivery of local content and founded the company with his partner Bastian Gotter in 2010. iRokotv reached 500,000 registered users within 6 months of its launch. Today iRokotv is the largest Youtube Partner in Africa with over 500,000 movies licences. It has over 14million hours of media content on its license rights and more than 800,000 registered users making it the largest distributor of Nollywood content globally. Net-worth: $30,000,000
Gamsole – Olaniran Abiola is the founder/CEO Nigeria Gaming and Entertainment Company, Gamsole. Founded in 2012, backed by a Kenyan seed fund and accelerator. The company’s games have over 9 million downloads locally and internationally on Windows Phone Store
Paga – Paga was founded in 2009 by Tayo Oviosu. He got fired 3 months from the job he got after his graduation. Paga financial services company has wider reach than all banks in Nigeria combined. Today, Paga has over 200 employees, 11,000 agents and over 6million users. Paga is worth well over $200 Million.
How to make your ideas work:
- Write your ideas down- know exactly what you want to do (Habakkuk 2:2)
- Take action towards the fulfilment of the idea (Exodus 14:15)
- Start from where you are – start small (Luke 10:1)
- Think scale (Matthew 9:36)
- Institutionalize failure (Proverbs 24:16)
- It takes time and patience (Hebrews 6:12)